Champagne from Champagne, France
Based in Ay, a Grand Cru Village close to Epernay, Champagne Lallier is founded on the ‘Art of Eating and drinking well’, which they apply through a vintage-based approach for all their cuvees: 80% minimum of the base vintage for a clear identity and allowing for great versatility on food pairing. Such a gastronomic approach rewards the House with a presence on many Michelin star tables around the world.
One of the rare houses headed by the winemaker, the Cuvées are crafted exclusively with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in Grand Cru vineyards, leading to a style of finesse and precision for ultimate drinking enjoyment.
CLICK TO BOOK YOUR BOTTLE - R895
Blanc de Blancs is synonymous with exception. Exceptionally elegant because 100% of its grapes coming from the noble grape chardonnay and from Grands Crus vineyards only. Exceptionally rich because 60% comes from Aÿ, a terroir usually dominated by pinot noir, and the 40% remaining comes from renowned plots of the Côte des Blancs (in Avize, Cramant, and Oger).
- Cultivar: 100% chardonnay
- Crus: Grands Crus – Aÿ (60%) and Côte des Blancs (40%) from Avize,Cramant, Oger
- Vintage: 88% base vintage, 12% of reserve wines
- Ageing: on lees for 36 to 48 months
- Dosage: 9 g/l
- Aspect: Connoisseurs will recognize its golden-green tints.
- Nose: Its distinctive nose is full of finesse and elegance with citrus notes and brioche aromas.
- Palate: Its slightly sweet taste is full in the mouth and generous with a sumptuous effervescence, which is the perfect balance for a bottle of champagne.
- Food pairings: For the aperitif, it can be paired with toasts of raw “foie gras” or very cold caviar. Then, it suits very well with a seafood plate, a langoustine carpaccio, with turbot fish or even with sushi. It will enhance roasted white meats and goat or ewe cheese. For desserts, there is nothing like the pairing with caramelized white fruits or cooked citrus fruits.